Sunday, August 3, 2008

Almost Free New Product Publicity Can Work For You

Writen by Terry Weber

You may wonder what I am talking about when I say you can get "almost free" new product publicity to work for you. By way of explanation let me site a couple of examples out of my personal experience. These are new product publicity campaigns I wrote and developed for my clients and myself.

Example: One of my clients was an importer of disposable plastic hospital wares such as Petri dishes, plastic syringes, specimen sample trays and more. I helped him, using only a series of regular, well written, monthly new product publicity releases to grow his business from one based in his two car garage to what is now one of the largest, most successful importers and distributors of these specialized plastic disposables in the USA.

Here's another example: A number of years ago I invented a filing system for archiving used time cards and I promoted the sale of my system via regularly scheduled mailings to targeted lists of business publications. Some of the publications on my list then printed new product releases about my system in their publications. A few of their subscribers noticed the release and asked me for more information. I responded with a sales letter, a product brochure and an order form. Result: orders flowed in to me in a steady stream - for the next sixty years for that one product! Would you call that a successful publicity campaign?

You see, new product publicity is my specialty. If you want either the whole world or only a small but highly targeted audience to know about your new product, I can help you with the kind of publicity releases that can get profitable results. And all of this is " almost free."

Why do I say "almost free"? Let me tell you why.

After many years (about fifty, of direct response advertising, mail order selling, and writing order producing new products releases for many clients with products such as: disposable plastic wares, office aids, road building machines, industrial pressure sensitive tape, consumer items such as sleep masks and more), I know what works. I also know good, carefully written and planned new product publicity releases are better than most paid advertising. They are not "free" but they are extremely low- cost compared to very expensive paid advertising space in similar publications.

Experience has taught me that you have to plan your new product publicity as a continuous campaign. What I mean is this: in order to get significant inquiries and orders for your new product you need a series of new product releases to go out to the same people over and over again for a long period of time. Let me say that again in a slightly different way: To be successful with a "free" publicity release campaign, you must be willing to commit yourself to a rather long term schedule of product releases sent to a specific number of carefully selected publications.

I want to help you make your new product a profitable success in the days ahead. This kind of publicity release plan may be the only way for you to get profitable results at very reasonable out of pocket cost to you. What's more, you can expect to get sales results ($$$) you can track directly back to your publicity campaign as proof of its success.

So, if all of this sounds interesting to you, and you think you may want to sign up for this kind of almost free new product release publicity campaign, give me a call. Let's work together to get your new product announcements in the works – now! Today!

Terry L. Weber

http://www.crafty-ones.com/web/viewproduct.asp?prodID=3171 http://www.crafty-ones.com/web/viewproduct.asp?prodID=2502

Terry Weber is a retired advertising/direct mail sales letter copywriter and inventor of several useful items. Terry and his wife Doris are Habitat For Humanity, RV Care-A- Vanners who, for the past eight years have volunteered to help build more than 39 houses all over the USA. They travel to and from the 2- week long builds in their RV. The money they make on their Crafty-Ones website helps them pay their expenses to and from those volunteer Habitat builds. P.S. Due to the high cost of gasoline we can no longer afford to drive the RV to Habitat builds. The RV is parked until gasoline prices come down. (4/28/06)

No comments: